Moments™ can detect what is verbally spoken or not spoken during a live conversation, and use it as the basis to trigger a real-time Notification to a rep. This automated speech detection capability monitors the presence or absence of phrases(s) spoken by any party during a conversation.
We call this Phrase Matching, and it is one of many forms of trigger criteria that can be used to trigger a Notification.
- Phrase Matching Notification Types
- Adding Phrase Match Trigger Criteria
Examples of Phrase Match
Notifications using phrase match triggering can be leveraged in a number of practical ways to ensure reps say the right thing when it matters most while in conversation.
Some examples of how Moments™ can provide real-time guidance to reps based on speech detection include:
Prompting a rep when they may be at risk of non-compliance
- Ex. For reps who forget to ask for consent to record the call, deliver a real-time Notification that reminds the Rep to ask immediately.
- Trigger word not spoken: "record"
Empowering a rep with helpful talking points when a competitor name is mentioned
- Ex. For reps who struggle to confidently deflect competition, deliver a real-time Notification with key messaging to use right away (e.g. competitive battle cards).
- Trigger word spoken: "name of competitor"
Assisting a rep with tactical help when common sales objections are raised
- Ex. For less experienced reps who struggle when they encounter objections, deliver a real-time Notification with a proven response they can use to confidently overcome in the moment.
- Trigger phrase spoken: "not interested"
Reminding a rep of their training so they can effectively apply best practices
- Ex. For reps who don't remember to qualify their prospects, deliver a real-time Notification to remind them to ask a critical qualifying question.
- Trigger phrase not spoken: "number of employees"
Taking an Action
Nudging a rep to take a recommended action
- Ex. For reps who wait too long into a prospecting call to ask to book a meeting, deliver a real-time Notification to nudge the rep to ask.
- Trigger phrase not spoken: "book a meeting"
Correcting a rep when they say the wrong thing or use unapproved language
- Ex. For reps who deviate from approved talking points, deliver a real-time Notification with the right messaging to get the rep back on track.
- Trigger phrase spoken: "fully guaranteed"
Escalating to managers when their immediate assistance or coaching is needed
- Ex. For reps who are struggling in a critical moment, deliver a real-time Notification to alert their manager to assist and guide right away.
- Trigger phrase spoken: "cancel contract"
Phrase Matching Notification Types
Moments™ supports 2 types of phrase matching criteria to trigger a Notification.
Includes (Phrase Mentioned)
Moments™ can trigger an Include Notification when a specific word/phrase is verbally mentioned by someone in the conversation. Moments™ can detect if the trigger word/phrase is spoken by the rep, the caller participant, or anyone in the conversation before delivering the Notification.
Excludes (Phrase NOT Mentioned)
Moments™ can trigger an Exclude Notification when a specific word/phrase is not mentioned verbally by someone in the conversation by a particular time interval (e.g. 2min 15sec after the start of the conversation). Moments™ can detect if the trigger word/phrase is not spoken by the rep, the caller participant, or anyone in the conversation before delivering the Notification at the specified time.
Success: Reminder not needed to say the right thing
If the rep verbally mentions a trigger word/phrase before the specified time (e.g. 30sec) during a conversation, this Exclude Notification will not trigger to remind the rep. The rep successfully spoke the desired word/phrase without needing to be coached. See this article for more details on how this outcome is measured in reporting.
Coached to Success: Reminder needed to say the right thing
Conversely, if the rep verbally mentions a trigger word/phrase after this Exclude Notification triggered at the specified time (e.g. 30sec), the Notification will be automatically marked as "Done" and hidden from view. The rep successfully adhered to the real-time reminder after being coached to say the desired word/phrase. See this article for more details on how this outcome is measured in reporting.
Unsuccessful: Reminder ignored and did not say the right thing
If the rep neglects to verbally mention a trigger word/phrase after receiving this Exclude Notification, the triggered Exclude Notification was never completed by the rep during the call. This indicates the rep was unsuccessful in complying with the real-time reminder, even after being coached to say the desired word/phrase. See this article for more details on how this outcome is measured in reporting.
How to Add Phrase Match Trigger Criteria
In the Moments™ Console, go to the Notifications Management Page.
In the Notification panel, click the "Add Criteria" button under the Triggering Criteria section.
This will open the Trigger Criteria panel. By default, the Triggering Criteria will have the "Phrases" option selected.
Complete the following sections within the Triggering Criteria panel:
Define what speech should be detected to determine triggering.
Input a specific phrase (or a word) to trigger this Notification during a live conversation. You can add multiple words or phrases. Since everyone speaks differently, consider adding variations of the word/phrase to ensure it will trigger in natural conversation.
Select how you want the specified phrase/word to be detected and used in the triggering of this Notification during a live conversation.
You can choose to trigger the Notification when the specified phrase/word is spoken verbally (mentioned), this is an Include Notification.
Or you can choose to trigger the Notification when the specified phrase/word is not spoken verbally (not mentioned), this is an Exclude Notification. If not spoken, you will also need to define the exact timing of when to trigger the Notification due to the absence of the specified phrase/word being spoken verbally.
In this example below, if any one of the words "record", "recording", "permission", "consent", "recorded" are not mentioned verbally after 30sec from the start of the conversation, the Notification will trigger.
Select who should be monitored in the live conversation to detect if the specified phrase/word has been verbally spoken or not spoken, in order to trigger this Notification.
You can choose if the trigger word/phrase needs to be spoken by the Agent only, or the Participant only, or Anyone in the live conversation before delivering the Notification. If "Anyone" is selected, either the Agent or the Participant (both parties) can trigger the phrase match Notification.
Once all 3 sections in the Trigger Criteria Panel are completed, click the "Save" button to return to the Notification panel.
Under the Triggering Criteria section, you review the Phrase Match criteria saved.
Continue the rest of the steps here to finish creating your phrase match Notification.