What is Custom Call Tracking?
Custom Call tracking allows you to dynamically display a unique telephone number on a subdirectory of your website to web traffic from another specific URL that contains a subdirectory.
The Custom Call Tracking tool takes Basic Call Tracking one step further by allowing you to assign a unique telephone number, a call flow, and a marketing campaign in Salesforce to web traffic from a specific webpage, rather than a general website, to another specific webpage. If we consider that the Basic Call Tracking tool is domain-specific, we can consider that the Custom Call Tracking tool is subdirectory specific.
Expanding on the example in Basic Call Tracking, using the Custom Call Tracking tool we could display a unique telephone number on https://www.revenue.io that is only shown to traffic from www.facebook.com/salessoftware, or any specific webpage rather than a whole website. When visitors call that unique telephone number, a call flow could route those calls to a dedicated team, specific members of your team, a custom IVR menu, or a custom recording. On top of that, any calls to that unique number would be captured against a Salesforce campaign giving you incredible insight into the calls generated from one webpage to another and the resulting ROI.
- Have callers be subject to a call flow where you can, amongst other features:
- Route calls to a specific Team or User
- Have a unique IVR
- Have a unique pre-recorded message
- Have all calls to this number be associated with a Salesforce Campaign
- This can give you incredible insight into Leads and new business from a single online source which is invaluable for marketing and sales teams
- Compare the volume of calls you receive from different online source channels
- Which of your referral partners generates the most inbound calls?
- Are the calls coming from qualified Leads and generating new sales opportunities?
Click here to get started with Custom Call Tracking.
- Sign in to app.ringdna.net— you’ll need to be an admin for the next steps
- Click on Call Tracking, and Custom Call Tracking from the left-hand menu
3. Click on the Green + Button in the top right corner
4. Next, you can customize your Custom Call Tracking. Give it a name, specify the originating URL (i.e. where web traffic comes from), specify the destination URL (i.e. where web traffic goes to), choose a phone number, assign calls to that number to a Call Flow, and optionally assign the calls and their related data to a Salesforce campaign.
5. Your Custom Call Tracking numbers will be displayed under the Custom Call Tracking menu.
Note: If you need to make changes to existing Custom Call Tracking numbers, please contact Revenue.io Support.
var _rdna_acct_id = ‘<your account id>’;