Configuring Calendar Booking
Below are the steps required to configure your calendar settings and where to access your calendar Booking page.
How to begin using Calendar Booking
To begin using calendar Booking, log into the Revenue.io Admin Console at: https://app.ringdna.net
Next, click on your user profile dropdown and select My Settings:
From your User Settings page, click the Integrations tab. Here you first must establish a connection with a Calendar provider.
From there, click the Add Integration button and log in with your credentials to the calendar provider of your choice (Gmail or Microsoft Office365/Exchange). This will add the connected calendar provider to your list of Integrations.
Example of a user selecting Google/Gmail:
Example of a user with Gmail connected:
To access the Calendar Booking feature, click the Calendar Booking tab:
Calendar Configuration Options
The 5 sub-tabs of the Calendar configuration tab are detailed below.
On the Availability tab, users can select the calendars that they want Revenue.io to check in real-time to calculate their availability. This ensures that the user's Calendar Booking Page accurately reflects the times where they are available to accept meeting invites. The list of calendars presented on this tab is pulled in from the user's connected calendar provider. For example, you'll always have a default/main calendar associated with your Calendar Provider's email address. This calendar is checked by default. However, based on your organization, you may subscribe to other company calendars (such as colleagues' calendars or out-of-office calendars). These subscribed calendars appear on this tab and can be selected by the user.
In the below example, user Johnny Agent has connected Gmail as their calendar provider. Johnny has a total of 8 different calendars in his Gmail account, so all 8 calendars are presented on the tab. Johnny checked two of these calendars: His default Gmail calendar and his company's "out of office" calendar. The result of this configuration is that Johnny's Calendar Booking Page will present his availability based on open event times in both of these two calendars.
On the Hours tab, users can:
- Define which days and hours they are available. Revenue.io will automatically provide default values of Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm, but users can customize this per their unique needs.
- Select which account Holiday Calendar(s) they want to use to define their availability. This is optional and only relevant to Revenue.io accounts who have configured a Holiday Schedule in the account.
On the Meeting Settings tab, users can:
- Define a Lead Time they want used to prevent meetings from being booked without enough notice/lead time. In the below example, user "Johnny Agent" has selected a "1 hour"Lead Time. This means that visitors to his Calendar Booking Page will be prevented from booking a meeting within the next 60 minutes. Lead Time essentially prevents last-minute meetings from being booked.
- Define a Maximum Future Booking time to be used in preventing meetings from being booked too far in the future. In the below example, Johnny has set a Max. Future Booking time of 60 Days. This means that when a visitor lands on his Calendar Booking Page, the furthest day in the future that is available to book time on his calendar is 60 days from the current date.
On the Meeting Types tab, users can:
- Select their default Calendar
- create and edit the Meeting Types they want visible on their Calendar Booking Page
Selecting a default calendar
When new events are booked through your Calendar Booking Page, Revenue.io needs to know which of your connected calendars those events should be created on. The Default Calendar dropdown gives you control over which of your connected calendars these new events get saved to.
Understanding Meeting Types
Think of Meeting Types as templates. These Meeting Type templates allow you to predefine meeting lengths and select what information gets dynamically added to the calendar event when it is booked (such as video conferencing details, a meeting description, etc.)
By default, Revenue.io will provide users with one30 minute Meeting Type, but we encourage users to edit this and add/or additional types of meetings per their unique needs.
If you, for example, often are conducting product demos, then you might want to create a Meeting Type titled "Product Demo" and include links in the Description field to any material that will help support your demo.
How to create a new Meeting Type
How to edit an existing Meeting Type
Click the Edit icon (three dots) in the top right corner of any Meeting Type card. Select "Edit" from the list of options. This will launch the Edit Meeting Type window (see more on this below)
How to delete a Meeting Type
Click the Edit icon (three dots) in the top right corner of any Meeting Type card. Select "Delete" from the list of options.
Copying a Meeting Type link
If you'd like to quickly copy the link to a specific Meeting Type you have created, an easy way to do so is to click the Edit icon (three dots) in the top right corner of any Meeting Type card. SelectCopy Link from the list of options.
New/Edit Meeting Type
When creating a new (or edit an existing) Meeting Type, theNew/Edit Meeting Type modal window is presented. Below are details on the components of this window and their respective functions.
- Event Name - This text field allows you to give your meeting type a name. The event name is presented on the Calendar Booking Landing Page, so you'll want visitors to your page to quickly be able to discern which meeting type to book. (Click here for more details on the Landing Page.) Examples of meeting names could include: "Acme, Inc. Product Demo" or something generic like "30 minute meeting with Johnny"
- Event Duration - The Event Duration dropdown provides several options to select from.
- Meeting Type URL - The meeting type URL is auto-populated by the text entered in the Event Name field. However, you are free to overwrite this text with custom text if you wish.
- Video Conference - This dropdown optionally allows you to add video conference details to your Meeting Type. The following options are available in the dropdown:
- Zoom - For details on how to add Zoom to your Meeting Types, please click here.
- Custom - On selection of "Custom", a new field will be displayed on the window where you can paste in the URL to your video conference meeting (e.g. a GoToMeeting link or Teams link)
- None - On selection, no Video Conference info will be appended to calendar events
- Description - Use this field to put any pertinent details/links/info that you want the meeting attendee to see when the event is booked.
- Cancel/Submit - Click the Cancel button to close the window without a Save. Click the Submit button to save your work.
On the Personalize tab, users can:
- Locate their Revenue.io Calendar Booking Page URL and click it. Clicking the URL will open your Calendar Booking page in a new browser tab.
- Edit their Revenue.io Calendar Booking Page Welcome Message
Calendar Booking Page
Once you've configured your Calendar Booking page, you'll of course want to check it out! For details on what the public-facing Calendar Booking page looks like and how visitors can book meetings with you, click here.