The sequence managed package provides a lookup reference on lead and contact records to the sequences that are associated with those records. Leads and contacts can be associated with a sequence based on the automatic association of a sequence via the scheduling engine of the managed package or by manual user association.
Adding the Sequence ID lookup reference to a page layout.
Add sequence actions to a lead or contact page layout by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to the Salesforce setup console
- Select leads or Contacts objects
- Select "Page Layouts"
- From the list of object page layouts, select the layout that you would like to add the button to.
- Select the individual page layout
- Select the "fields" section of the page layout component builder.
- Drag the "Sequence ID" field your page layout.
- Save the page layout to add sequence actions to your page layout.
Sequence ID field available to lead and contact records.
Sequence ID field available for a page layout.
Sequence ID field added to a page layout.
The sequence ID field should NOT be used to manage the association of a sequence to a record as that should only be done via the sequence management pages.
Please note that only one sequence can be associated with a lead or contact at a time. You can select the sequence Id field to be navigated to the individual sequence page associated with the sequence.