Adding and Managing Sequence Details
Perform the following steps to add sequence details to a new sequence:
1. Navigate to the Sequence Tab and select New Sequence at the top right of the page.
2. Enter a name for your Sequence. This will be used to denote to end-users in the Today view the related sequence that action is associated with.
3. Select the object that should be validated to associate actions to leads and contacts
- Lead - Sequences based on the values of lead records and lookup fields based on the configuration of Salesforce.
- Contact - Sequences based on the values of contact records and lookup fields based on the configuration of Salesforce.
- Opportunity - Sequences based on the association of a contact as an opportunity contact role on an opportunity
- Campaign - Sequences based on the association of a lead or contact as a campaign member on a campaign
4. Select the activation method for the sequence
- Automatic - Leads or contacts that match the entrance criteria will automatically be associated with sequence actions based on an underlying sequence.
- Manual- Leads or contacts that match the entrance criteria can be added manually to a sequence by adding a lead or contact manually to a sequence from an individual record or on the search list view.
5. Select the Priority of the sequence (Only for Automatic Activation)
A matching priority of a sequence is required for the automatic association. Leads or contacts can only be associated with one sequence at a time to avoid collision of messaging. Prioritization functions to determine what sequences a lead or contact should be associated with.
If a lead or contact matches the entrance criteria of multiple sequences, the sequence associated with the object will be in descending order based on the priority of P1(Highest) to P5 (lowest). If the sequences that are matching have the same priority the tiebreaker will go to the sequence created more recently based on the sequence creation date.
|When selecting prioritization, it's a best practice to choose P3 in order to reserve higher and lower priorities when needed.|
6. Set Sequence Delegation (optional)
If the lead and contact records are not owned by the Guided Selling user who will engage as part of the Sequence, you may elect to delegate based on a different lookup field on the lead or contact object. Learn more here.
7. Enable Sequence Re-entry (Automatic Sequences only)
When on, participants in the Sequence may re-enter the sequence a second time if they have exited as a result of finishing the Sequence and they continue to match the entrance criteria and do not match the exit criteria.
8. Slow Drip (Automatic Sequences only)
For Sequences that match a large number of leads or contacts, you may configure a Slow Drip to manage the number of records added to the Sequence per user per day. Learn more here.
Select Save to advance to the next step: add entrance criteria for your sequence.